Text from here
The websites below are a gold mine of information!
You will find useful information related to Disability issues.
- World Bank Group- The World Bank Group's mission is to fight
against poverty and improve the living standards of people in the developing
world. They provide many pages relating to Disability and Development. If you
visit the links of Disability and Development in this sight, you will find most
of the important organizations within the disability and development community.
Related links of Disability with in the URL of World Bank
- United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the
Pacific (UNESCAP) -The regional arm of the United Nations Secretariat
for the Asian and Pacific region is located in the United Nations Building in
Bangkok, Thailand. In this sight you will find the activities of UNESCAP to
promote inclusive, barrier-free and rights-based society for persons with
disabilities in the region.
- WorldEnable - WorldEnable is an Internet accessibility
initiative in support of the international goals of equalizing opportunities
for, by, and with persons with disabilities.
- Disability DK - The site serves as a library for people
working with disabilities and developing countries. That is local NGOs in
developing countries, international NGOs - both those who have disabilities as
their prime scope and those who have a more general aim - governments and all
other who needs information in this area.
Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA)
Contents: Outline and role of JICA, Japan's Official Development Assistance,
activities in regions and countries, global issues, evaluation, and publications
of JICA Network, annual reports, genetic resources, project resources, and study
reports. Also included are JICA contacts - offices in Japan and overseas; JICA
sites around the world offer you information specific to the respective
Disability World- Disability World is a new bimonthly web-zine
of international disability news and views from the International Disability
Exchange and Studies (IDEAS) Project 2000-2004. Contents: Independent Living,
Access and Technology, Employment, Governance and Legislation, Arts and Media,
Women, Children and Youth, News and Views, Conferences and Events, Resources and
Book Reviews, and links. Also available in Spanish.
Other useful sites of various organizations throughout the world.
- Disabled Peoples' International (DPI): http://www.dpi.org/
- Inclusion International: http://www.inclusion-international.org/
- International Labour Organization (ILO): http://www.ilo.org/
- International Organization for Standardization (ISO) COPOLCO: http://www.iso.ch/iso/en/aboutiso/isostructure/COPOLCO.html
- International Paralympic Committee: http://www.paralympic.org/release/Main_Sections_Menu/
- Japan International Corporation of Welfare Services (JICWELS): http://www.jicwels.or.jp
- National Institute of Special Education (Japan): http://www.nise.go.jp/en/index_e.html
- National Rehabilitation Center for the Persons with Disabilities (Japan): http://www.rehab.go.jp/English/index.html
- Rehabilitation International (RI): http://www.rehab-international.org
- United Nations: http://www.un.org
- United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF): http://www.unicef.org/
- United Nations Development Programme (UNDP): http://www.undp.org/
- Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights: http://www.ohchr.org/english/
- United Nations Education, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO): http://www.unesco.org/
- UN Enable: http://www.un.org/esa/socdev/enable/index.htm
- World Federation for Mental Health (WFMH): http://www.wfmh.com
- World Federation of the Deaf (WFD): http://www.wfdnews.org/home.htm
- World Health Organization (WHO): http://www.who.org/
- The World Blind Union (WBU):http://umc.once.es/
- The World Federation of the Deafblind (Wfdb): http://www.wfdb.org/
- World Network of Users and Survivors of Psychiatry (WNUSP):http://www.wnusp.org/
> To top page